That was indeed a weekend!!!
Yep..this is what comes to my mind first when I think of my long awaited Chennai trip..how long have I been planning this, speculation over n over and every time putting it off due to some silly reasons. Even for this trip which finally happened, there were a no of unexpected twists that developed which made me fret for a week before finally deciding to stand firm on my decision…An unexpected turning point in my proj which almost made me cancel the journey..thank God, that I didn’t work during the weekend, but opted Chennai rather, otherwise I would never hav been able 2 forgive myself…:-)
Left office on Friday, the 20th Apr around 5.30pm, went to CMH road to collect my specs..There I realized that my pretty pink frame has been turned to a blue one, without my consent..gave them a verbal greetings for that. While comin out of mulani opticals, saw vinitha waiting for me, we together hired an auto to head to Yeshwantpur railway station to board the special train to Chennai..Couldnot sleep well as we had to wake up early in the morning around 4..Thankfully vini’s friend Praveen was waiting for us in the Chennai RS…but we three felt that it was too early a time to knock on deepa’s door at iitm, or rather it was my thought..So Praveen took 3 platform tkts , we went inside and sat on a bench placed nearer to the train in which we came. Spent time sitting there till 6..then boarded a deluxe bus from the bus stop outside the RS ..I couldnot figure out why the bus was called deluxe when it looked and rode just like an ordinary one ..Tamilians should have had a glimpse of the ac metro buses that run on Bangalore roads… .Got down at Adayar signal..There I was blessed with the first chance of knowing about the Chennai auto drivers, though I have already heard a lot abt them….Fare to iit-20, till gajendra circle-30 and anywhere else from GC-50..God!!..I was too shocked to respond when I realized how he had fooled us..anyway, saw Deepa at that moment, which was so refreshing in the early morning..:)
Had a small chitchat with deepa before taking a bath..there I came to know about the very exciting love stories of some iitians..truly inspiring..;)…by that time, vini was ready and she started off from the campus to hunt down her friends…Deepa and her friend Dhanya took me to the vindhya for brkfast…Anu had called in between and she finaly turned up before noon..the usual kathiyadi +konayadi of we threesome continued for sometime, ofcourse anu always being at the receiving end..It was fun..we were back in our self, as if , we were still in college…we three were bathing in the warmth of this comradeship which had started long back in school days….After lunch, deepa had to assist the lab work, so I ventured out to Tnagar in Anu’s company…
Frankly speaking, I liked the place…A pakka commercial area, where almost all chennaites spend their weekend..So many shops, especially quite a good no of jewelleries and almost every one of them crowded…I wondered whether ppl in Chennai were so rich..Did some shopping..The best thing I like about Tnagar is that it is accessible to anyone, rich or poor…In most of the big shopping centers like chennai silks or pothys or saravana, I found the common multitude the big shoppers…And we can get 5 muzham of mullappoo for Rs.10 in Chennai while it is just 1 muzham for the same money in Bangalore..Chennai caters to ppl from all levels of economic background…I found this really interesting..
I wanted to have a glimpse of the beach, after living in Bangalore for almost 2 years, such a small desire is nothing to be laughed at, though anu was least interested..:)..Anu stays at Basanth Nagar, nearer to the beach..It was very crowded, and so many vendors…I felt like wetting my feet only..After that, headed to anu’s apartment to take her bag, It was our plan to make anu stay at the hostel, had to get a lot of secrets out from that gochugalli..:)
We planned to have a grand dinner at the searocks restaurant near the iit..The food was good, though the waiting period was a bit tiring.Reached room around 10.30…
While coming back to GCin the battery driven bus, we heard some guys having a hot discussion about CCD in some language..Anu thought they are the pakka iitians, talking about Charge Coupled Devices, techies to the core of heart….Once we got down at GC, we saw that group heading towards the Café Coffee Day and realized our mandatharam and had a hearty laugh..Once inside the room, we made a plan to watch “just married” , just to see whether we gonna get some real info from it..but the movie downloaded turned to be a goofy, it was some English movie.. Had 2 b satisfied with namasthey London..it was so bad a movie that we did namasthey to the dir vipul shah once we saw the “the end” on the screen..slept around 2 in the morning, woke up at 10…
After brkfast, met Galeena outside the iit gate…then we 4 headed to Chennai Center, caught a view of the marina beach stretch on the way…Liked the place, a warm change from the Forum..After lunch, Deepa went back to hostel while we 3 hired an auto to Spencer Plaza…Just roamed around, met rosh and his friends….Gali called Ajay and I spoke to him first time 8-9 years..:-)…..Hanged out there for sumtime b4 returning around 7..Unni had called , so we met ....heard his comments abt my “huge size” ...Anu left after dropping me at the hostel…Waited for vineetha. , in between packed, got ready…..Went 2 vindhya for dinner…. When Vini came, we headed to RS along with Praveen, after biddin bye to Deepa…Train was on time….
It was a good trip, a refreshing one….Thanks to all who made it so wonderful.. :-)
Left office on Friday, the 20th Apr around 5.30pm, went to CMH road to collect my specs..There I realized that my pretty pink frame has been turned to a blue one, without my consent..gave them a verbal greetings for that. While comin out of mulani opticals, saw vinitha waiting for me, we together hired an auto to head to Yeshwantpur railway station to board the special train to Chennai..Couldnot sleep well as we had to wake up early in the morning around 4..Thankfully vini’s friend Praveen was waiting for us in the Chennai RS…but we three felt that it was too early a time to knock on deepa’s door at iitm, or rather it was my thought..So Praveen took 3 platform tkts , we went inside and sat on a bench placed nearer to the train in which we came. Spent time sitting there till 6..then boarded a deluxe bus from the bus stop outside the RS ..I couldnot figure out why the bus was called deluxe when it looked and rode just like an ordinary one ..Tamilians should have had a glimpse of the ac metro buses that run on Bangalore roads… .Got down at Adayar signal..There I was blessed with the first chance of knowing about the Chennai auto drivers, though I have already heard a lot abt them….Fare to iit-20, till gajendra circle-30 and anywhere else from GC-50..God!!..I was too shocked to respond when I realized how he had fooled us..anyway, saw Deepa at that moment, which was so refreshing in the early morning..:)
Had a small chitchat with deepa before taking a bath..there I came to know about the very exciting love stories of some iitians..truly inspiring..;)…by that time, vini was ready and she started off from the campus to hunt down her friends…Deepa and her friend Dhanya took me to the vindhya for brkfast…Anu had called in between and she finaly turned up before noon..the usual kathiyadi +konayadi of we threesome continued for sometime, ofcourse anu always being at the receiving end..It was fun..we were back in our self, as if , we were still in college…we three were bathing in the warmth of this comradeship which had started long back in school days….After lunch, deepa had to assist the lab work, so I ventured out to Tnagar in Anu’s company…
Frankly speaking, I liked the place…A pakka commercial area, where almost all chennaites spend their weekend..So many shops, especially quite a good no of jewelleries and almost every one of them crowded…I wondered whether ppl in Chennai were so rich..Did some shopping..The best thing I like about Tnagar is that it is accessible to anyone, rich or poor…In most of the big shopping centers like chennai silks or pothys or saravana, I found the common multitude the big shoppers…And we can get 5 muzham of mullappoo for Rs.10 in Chennai while it is just 1 muzham for the same money in Bangalore..Chennai caters to ppl from all levels of economic background…I found this really interesting..
I wanted to have a glimpse of the beach, after living in Bangalore for almost 2 years, such a small desire is nothing to be laughed at, though anu was least interested..:)..Anu stays at Basanth Nagar, nearer to the beach..It was very crowded, and so many vendors…I felt like wetting my feet only..After that, headed to anu’s apartment to take her bag, It was our plan to make anu stay at the hostel, had to get a lot of secrets out from that gochugalli..:)
We planned to have a grand dinner at the searocks restaurant near the iit..The food was good, though the waiting period was a bit tiring.Reached room around 10.30…
While coming back to GCin the battery driven bus, we heard some guys having a hot discussion about CCD in some language..Anu thought they are the pakka iitians, talking about Charge Coupled Devices, techies to the core of heart….Once we got down at GC, we saw that group heading towards the Café Coffee Day and realized our mandatharam and had a hearty laugh..Once inside the room, we made a plan to watch “just married” , just to see whether we gonna get some real info from it..but the movie downloaded turned to be a goofy, it was some English movie.. Had 2 b satisfied with namasthey London..it was so bad a movie that we did namasthey to the dir vipul shah once we saw the “the end” on the screen..slept around 2 in the morning, woke up at 10…
After brkfast, met Galeena outside the iit gate…then we 4 headed to Chennai Center, caught a view of the marina beach stretch on the way…Liked the place, a warm change from the Forum..After lunch, Deepa went back to hostel while we 3 hired an auto to Spencer Plaza…Just roamed around, met rosh and his friends….Gali called Ajay and I spoke to him first time 8-9 years..:-)…..Hanged out there for sumtime b4 returning around 7..Unni had called , so we met ....heard his comments abt my “huge size” ...Anu left after dropping me at the hostel…Waited for vineetha. , in between packed, got ready…..Went 2 vindhya for dinner…. When Vini came, we headed to RS along with Praveen, after biddin bye to Deepa…Train was on time….
It was a good trip, a refreshing one….Thanks to all who made it so wonderful.. :-)

1 Comments:
മലയാളത്തില് നന്നായി എഴുതുന്നുണ്ടല്ലോ.. മലയാളത്തില് തന്നെ തുടരൂ...
Post a Comment
<< Home