Days flew by ….it was time for Prat ‘s return…She was like an elder sis to me, guiding me all through out my days there…we used to go to office in her car, she took me around, and showed the shopping malls, the Barnes & Nobles book shop…we went there on the day of the last Harry Potter’s book release. Hari was also thre..we took the pics of the children and their parents waiting outside the shop excitedly and shouting when it was 12 and the doors of the book shop opened for them.. :)..she always asked me to venture out , begged me once even to watch tv to see what American life is..When her stay got extended , she could nt find a room in hawthorns , and we stayed together in the same suit for a week..it was the week I think she realised how monotonous my life was.. ;) ..anyways, thanks Prat for being there with lots of patience many a time, especially when I used to pester you with all my silly doubts about reimbursement. Thanks a ton :)
My lonely life began in mid of aug after Prats return ..I started taking cab for going to office…
Our Dept went for a picnic at Sandbar beach on a Friday…it was very good…got to meet Frank’s wife and children. Frank was in India for an year when I was doing my very first project in ASICs, and he was my mentor . A Genuinely nice guy and his wife is very nice. Leslie was very friendly and we talked for a long time.Paul Gross and his wife took me for a ride in their own boat, and I also had some kayak-ing lessons from Mike . It was fun.. :)
The best part of this dayout was that I got to meet a very sweet couple from Singapore, working in IBM- Mike Lee and his wife Alison. They made my stay in BTV really wonderful and touching.
Tomoko is a senior engineer in IBM and we had a small association while doing my first proj. She was kind enough to take me to a movie in Essex junction along with her friend Nanju Na, belonging to Korea. After the movie, “ Mr.Beans Holiday” which we three thoroughly enjoyed, we had dinner from a Chinese restaurant. It was a diff feeling to think that an Indian , a Japanese and a Korean are having food served by a Chinese - :) ..it happens most in America I guess. :)
In between, Arun Chettan had called one day . It was so good talking to chettan after a long time. And Roy also called once -both assuring that they were jus a call way, if anything was needed. :) I didnt have any other friends or relatives in this unknown place, so you can just imagine how happy those talks would have made me. :)..Jason tooke me to downtown and showed me the water creek park and the shops there. He bought me lunch and we just roamed around, bought some Lynt chocs and champlain chocs. My shopping of chocs thus began :D
In between Onam came..I was in a far away land, missing all , foodings , sadya and all... :( ..Both of my dear friends who used to keep a daily track of my activities were in trivandrum, enjoying onam with family. Those days, I felt so helpless and frustrated. But on thiruvonam, I felt I should also enjoy it. Thus for the first time in my life, I made palpayasam and pineapple pulissery. :D .( of crs, I dont have any intention to share my recipes :D) ..On that day , to office, I wore churidar. People were staring at me. And I was wearing a churidar after 42 days!!!!! I could nt believe myself.. :) I felt I looked beautiful .:D..yeah..every "not so good looking " person will have a day.. ( Am I grinning ??? )
3 Comments:
hmmmm....anonymous comments sammathikkuu plsss...:)..
have been going thru ur blogs for some time...vere kure blogs vayichu vattayi erikkuvarunnu...not that they were bad, but that the emotions were vattakifying..
ur blog is nice...as in, its light...as in, thrs something about it that am not able to pin point.
gollam,,,keep writing..
~fake id okke undakkan enna padanenna ikkalathu!!!
good Raji, that this time its in English.. Light read also..
Any chance of translating part 1&2 to English?
George,
thanks for droppin in.. I guess I dont know you , maybe , bcoz this is not ur real name. May I knw your identity?
Arya de,
danks e.. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home